• 5G stands for "Fifth Generation" – a marketing term for the next generation of wireless technology.
• 5G will use all the frequencies currently used by 4G, and add higher frequency waves to carry additional data. "5G" is always 4G + 5G.
• So-called "small cell" antennas will emit a constant stream of radio-frequency microwave radiation ("wireless radiation" ) 24/7/365 until turned off.
• The U.S. government’s human exposure guidelines for wireless radiation haven’t been updated since 1996, and are designed to protect only against thermal (heating) effects, not biological effects.
• Thousands of published, peer-reviewed studies prove that exposure to wireless radiation is harmful, increasing the risk of neurological and reproductive problems as well as cancer. Read the studies.
• The wireless industry has admitted that it has conducted no testing of its wireless technology to determine the effects of long-term exposure on people.
• The primary purpose of 5G is not for better phone service, or for tele-medicine, driverless cars, the Internet of Things or emergency services. It's to allow wireless companies to compete directly with cable companies to stream video into your home. Wireless technology is not a utility.
• American telephone customers have already paid billions for a national, fiber-optic network that would provide reliable, low-cost, secure and safe broadband internet access to every American. But instead of using the funds to build the network as they had promised, the telecoms diverted the money to build out their wireless networks, which are more profitable. Read the press release about FIBERGATE. Listen to the PODCAST.
• “Small Cell” does not mean small, unobtrusive equipment. It means that every cell provider will hang its own antennae enclosure (up to 6 cubic feet each) on the pole, with other associated equipment (up to 28 cubic feet - the size of a large refrigerator) located nearby.